Maps Map of the Philadelphia, Easton & Water Gap Rail Road.
About this Item
- Map of the Philadelphia, Easton & Water Gap Rail Road.
- Outline map of the northeastern United States showing drainage, cities and towns, and the railroad network. Chartered April 8, 1852. Name changed to North Pennsylvania Rail Road. See entry 496. [From published bibliography].
- Contributor Names
- Kollner, Augustus, 1813-1906.
- Philadelphia, Easton and Water Gap Railroad Company.
- Created / Published
- Phila[delphia], 1852.
- Subject Headings
- - Philadelphia, Easton and Water Gap Railroad Company--Maps
- - Railroads--Middle Atlantic States--Maps
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - At end of title: Shewing its conections [sic] with other lines, & its importance in providing a direct communication between Philadelphia & the Lehigh, Delaware, Lackawanna, & Susquehanna Valleys, western New York, the Northern Lakes, & Canada ...
- - Scale ca. 1:1,200,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 529
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes lists of distances from Philadelphia and New York and "Comparisons of distances."
- - AACR2
- map 47 x 51 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3791.P3 1852 .K62
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kollner, Augustus, and Easton And Water Gap Railroad Company Philadelphia. Map of the Philadelphia, Easton & Water Gap Rail Road. [Philadelphia, 1852] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/76695095/. (Accessed September 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Kollner, A. & Philadelphia, E. A. W. G. R. C. (1852) Map of the Philadelphia, Easton & Water Gap Rail Road. [Philadelphia] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/76695095/.
MLA citation style:
Kollner, Augustus, and Easton And Water Gap Railroad Company Philadelphia. Map of the Philadelphia, Easton & Water Gap Rail Road. [Philadelphia, 1852] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/76695095/>.