Map Official map of San Francisco.
About this Item
- Official map of San Francisco.
- Contributor Names
- Eddy, William M.
- Zakreski, Alexander, 1799-1866.
- Michelin, Francis, 1809 or 1810-1878.
- Created / Published
- [San Francisco, 1849]
- Subject Headings
- - San Francisco (Calif.)--Maps
- - United States--California--San Francisco
- - Scale 1:6,600; 550 English ft. to the in.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Cadastral map.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1849 by Henry Reed."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy annotated in black ink: 337. Deposited in the clerk's office So. Dist. N.Y., Feby 12. l850.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 61 x 51 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4364.S5 1849 .E3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale 1:6,600; 550 English ft. to the in. Hand colored. Relief shown by hachures. Cadastral map. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1849 by Henry Reed." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. LC copy annotated in black ink: 337. Deposited in the clerk's office So. Dist. N.Y., Feby 12. l850. Vault AACR2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Eddy, William M, Alexander Zakreski, and Francis Michelin. Official map of San Francisco. [San Francisco, 1849] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/76695582/.
APA citation style:
Eddy, W. M., Zakreski, A. & Michelin, F. (1849) Official map of San Francisco. [San Francisco] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/76695582/.
MLA citation style:
Eddy, William M, Alexander Zakreski, and Francis Michelin. Official map of San Francisco. [San Francisco, 1849] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/76695582/>.