Map London &c. actually surveyed,
About this Item
- London &c. actually surveyed,
- Morgan, William, -1690.
- Lea, Philip, active 1683-1700.
- Morden, Robert, approximately 1650-1703.
- Ogilby, John, 1600-1676.
- London Topographical Society.
Created / Published
- [London, 1682] London, London Topographical Society, 1904.
- - London (England)--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - London (England)--Aerial views--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Westminster (London, England)--Aerial views--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - England--London
- - England--Westminster (London)
- - Scale 1:3,600; 300 ft. in 1 in.
- - Alternate title: A prospect of London and Westminster.
- - Facsimile.
- - Pictorial map.
- - Cadastral map.
- - "This survey was begun by Mr. Ogilby, and finished & humbly dedicated by Wm. Morgan."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes "A prospect of London and Westminster taken at several stations to the southward thereof, by Robt. Morden & Phil. Lea," indexes, diagrs. of government and university administrators' names, dedication statements, text, tables, and illus.
- - AACR2
- map 150 x 238 cm. on 12 sheets 56 x 77 or 56 x 39 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G5754.L7 1682 .M6 1904
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Morgan, William, -1690, Philip Lea, Robert Morden, John Ogilby, and London Topographical Society. London &c. Actually Surveyed. [London, London, London Topographical Society, 1904, 1904] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/76697117/.
APA citation style:
Morgan, W., Lea, P., Morden, R., Ogilby, J. & London Topographical Society. (1904) London &c. Actually Surveyed. [London, London, London Topographical Society, 1904] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/76697117/.
MLA citation style:
Morgan, William, -1690, et al. London &c. Actually Surveyed. [London, London, London Topographical Society, 1904, 1904] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/76697117/>.