Map Designs for fortifying Governors Island near New York.
About this Item
- Designs for fortifying Governors Island near New York.
- Montrésor, John, 1736-1799.
Created / Published
- - Fortification--New York (State)--Governors Island (New York County)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800
- - Fort Jay (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Governors Island (New York County)
- - United States--New York (State)--Fort Jay
- - Scale 1:144; 12 ft. to an in.
- - Title from verso.
- - Manuscript; pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Shows "Section thro' A, B."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1141
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map profile, on sheet 22 x 53 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.N4:2G6 1766 .M61
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Fort Jay
- Governors Island
- Governors Island (New York County)
- New York
- New York (State)
- New York County
- United States
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Montrésor, John. Designs for fortifying Governors Island near New York. [?, 1766] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/77693614/.
APA citation style:
Montrésor, J. (1766) Designs for fortifying Governors Island near New York. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/77693614/.
MLA citation style:
Montrésor, John. Designs for fortifying Governors Island near New York. [?, 1766] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/77693614/>.