Map Taboas geraes de toda a navegação Mapas generales originales y universales des todo el orue con los puertos principales y fortalezas de Ambas Indias y una descripcion topographica de la region Austral Magallonica año de 1692
About this Item
- Taboas geraes de toda a navegação
- Other Title
- Mapas generales originales y universales des todo el orue con los puertos principales y fortalezas de Ambas Indias y una descripcion topographica de la region Austral Magallonica año de 1692
- Contributor Names
- Albernaz, João Teixeira, active 1602-1648.
- Attayde, Jeronimo de.
- Seixas y Lovera, Francisco de.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Atlases--Portugal--Early works to 1800
- - World maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts
- - Harbors
- - Earth
- World atlases
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - LC Luso-Hispanic World, 8
- - Orientation varies.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Preface (4 p.) and last map created and added in 1692 by Don Francisco de Seixas y Lovera.
- - Some staining and acid-transfer throughout.
- - Bound in white paper in 1983.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. atlas ( p.) : col. maps ; 46 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1015 .T4 1630
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Relief shown pictorially. LC Luso-Hispanic World, 8 Orientation varies. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Preface (4 p.) and last map created and added in 1692 by Don Francisco de Seixas y Lovera. Some staining and acid-transfer throughout. Bound in white paper in 1983. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Albernaz, João Teixeira, Active, Jeronimo De Attayde, and Francisco De Seixas Y Lovera. Taboas Geraes De Toda a Navegação. 1630. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/78653638/.
APA citation style:
Albernaz, J. T., Attayde, J. D. & Seixas Y Lovera, F. D. (1630) Taboas Geraes De Toda a Navegação. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/78653638/.
MLA citation style:
Albernaz, João Teixeira, Active, Jeronimo De Attayde, and Francisco De Seixas Y Lovera. Taboas Geraes De Toda a Navegação. 1630. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/78653638/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Portolan atlas of 9 charts and a world map, etc. Dedicated to Hieronymus Ruffault, Abbot of ... Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor, on vellum. Each double-page illumination (col. diagrs., col. maps) 21 x 29 cm. Compass rose on inside back cover. "Maps 1, 2, and 10 show America. No. 1...
- Contributor: Agnese, Battista
- Date: 1544
MapMap of the world shewing the extent and direction of the wind and the route to ... Pen-and-ink, pencil, and red watercolor. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Wilkes, Charles
- Date: 1856
MapWeltkarte des Idrisi vom Jahr 1154 n. Ch., Charta Rogeriana
Charta Rogeriana | Explanations to the proof of the map of the world drawn by Idrisi in 1154 and restored by K. Miller in 1927 Relief shown pictorially. Place names in romanized Arabic. Accompanying text in English. Facsimile. Original version: 1154. Oriented with north to the bottom. Originally printed on 6 sheets, each ca. 47 x 68...
- Contributor: Miller, Konrad - Idrīsī
- Date: 1928
Loots atlas Nautical charts with numerous place-names along coastlines. Depths shown by soundings. Title from citation in Philip Lee Phillips' A list of geographical atlases, p. 246. Most maps in Dutch; text and titles...
- Contributor: Loots, Johannes
- Date: 1705
MapAtlas maritimus or, the sea-atlas : being a book of maratime (sic) charts describing the coasts, ...
Sea-atlas, containing an hydrographical description of the sea-coasts of most of the known parts of the world Relief shown pictorially on some maps. Depths shown by soundings on some maps. Engraved title page. Phillips, 3455 Includes "Mapp of the world" on engraved title page. Available also through the Library...
- Contributor: Thornton, John
- Date: 1700