Map The world on Mercator's projection,
About this Item
- The world on Mercator's projection,
- Melish, John, 1771-1822.
- Harrison, Samuel, 1789-1818.
- Bridport, Hugh, 1794-approximately 1868.
- Murray, George, -1822.
Created / Published
- Philadelphia 
- - World maps
- - Earth (Planet)
- - Scale ca. 1:33,000,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Mounted on cardboard and cloth backing.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - LC copy imperfect: Small pieces missing. Discolored and brittle.
- - Cartouche: H. Bridport, deld. [sic], G. Murray, sct.
- - Includes text "To find the distance of one place from another" and statistical table.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 650/1; 700/1; 700/2
- col. map 92 x 122 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3200 1820 .M4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division W ashington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Melish, John, Samuel Harrison, Hugh Bridport, and George Murray. The world on Mercator's projection. [Philadelphia, 1820] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/78692120/.
APA citation style:
Melish, J., Harrison, S., Bridport, H. & Murray, G. (1820) The world on Mercator's projection. [Philadelphia] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/78692120/.
MLA citation style:
Melish, John, et al. The world on Mercator's projection. [Philadelphia, 1820] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/78692120/>.