Map Map of the city of Detroit in the State of Michigan
About this Item
- Map of the city of Detroit in the State of Michigan
- Contributor Names
- Farmer, John, 1798-1859.
- C.B. & J.R. Graham Lithographers.
- Created / Published
- [Detroit : Farmer, 1835]
- Subject Headings
- - Detroit (Mich.)--Maps
- - United States--Michigan--Detroit
- - Scale ca. 1:2,400; 200 ft. to an in.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress ... by John Farmer, AD 1835."
- - Cadastral map.
- - Cited in Alberta G. Koerner's Detroit and vicinity before 1900, no. 53.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes index and inset.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 651/1; 710/1
- 1 map ; 72 x 111 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4114.D4 1835 .F3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Farmer, John, and C.B. & J.R. Graham Lithographers. Map of the city of Detroit in the State of Michigan. [Detroit: Farmer, 1835] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/79691130/.
APA citation style:
Farmer, J. & C.B. & J.R. Graham Lithographers. (1835) Map of the city of Detroit in the State of Michigan. [Detroit: Farmer] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79691130/.
MLA citation style:
Farmer, John, and C.B. & J.R. Graham Lithographers. Map of the city of Detroit in the State of Michigan. [Detroit: Farmer, 1835] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/79691130/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of Wayne County, Michigan : exhibiting the names of the original purchases and the number ... "Entered according to Act of Congress in the Clerk's Office of the United States Court for the District of Michigan at Detroit this day of January 1855 by John Farmer of said...
- Contributor: Farmer, John
- Date: 1855
MapMap of the surveyed part of the territory of Michigan on a scale of 8 miles ... "Entered according to Act of Congress in the Clerk's Office of the Circuit & District Court of Detroit in the territority of Michigan by John Farmer AD. 1825." Includes references. LC copy:...
- Contributor: Farmer, John - V. Balch and S. Stiles (Firm)
- Date: 1826
MapBirds eye view--showing about three miles square--of the central portion of the city of Detroit, Michigan. Perspective map not drawn to scale. LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 342 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. "Used through the kindness of the Imperial...
- Contributor: Calvert Lithographing Co. (Detroit, Mich.)
- Date: 1889
MapPennsylvania's state and national forests : project #3 Also shows incorporated cities. Drawn as an undergraduate student project at Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Manuscript: Pen-and-ink and col. pencils (green and red). Available also through the Library of Congress Web site...
- Contributor: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) - Peterson, Charles (Charles Buckley)
- Date: 1955
MapMap of the state of Vermont Wall map. Relief shown by spot heights and hachures. Shows minor civil subdivisions. Includes ill., list of subcribers names, list of "altitudes above the level of the sea," geological inset of Vermont...
- Contributor: H.F. Walling's Map Establishment - Walling, Henry Francis - Hager, Albert D. (Albert David)
- Date: 1860