Map Map of Oregon and upper California from the surveys of John Charles Frémont and other authorities
About this Item
- Map of Oregon and upper California from the surveys of John Charles Frémont and other authorities
- Frémont, John Charles, 1813-1890.
- Douglas, Stephen A. (Stephen Arnold), 1813-1861.
- Preuss, Charles, 1803-1854.
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874, collector.
- Edward Weber & Co.
- United States. Congress. Senate.
Created / Published
- Washington : The Senate, 1848.
- - West (U.S.)--Maps
- - United States--West
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - Shows area of U.S. west of the Continental Divide.
- - Includes notes and "Profile of the travelling route from the South Pass of the Rocky Mountains to the Bay of San Francisco."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- 1 map : col. ; 84 x 68 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4210 1848 .F7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Frémont, John Charles, Stephen A Douglas, Charles Preuss, Millard Fillmore, Edward Weber & Co, and United States Congress. Senate. Map of Oregon and upper California from the surveys of John Charles Frémont and other authorities. Washington: The Senate, 1848. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/79692900/.
APA citation style:
Frémont, J. C., Douglas, S. A., Preuss, C., Fillmore, M., Edward Weber & Co & United States Congress. Senate. (1848) Map of Oregon and upper California from the surveys of John Charles Frémont and other authorities. Washington: The Senate. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79692900/.
MLA citation style:
Frémont, John Charles, et al. Map of Oregon and upper California from the surveys of John Charles Frémont and other authorities. Washington: The Senate, 1848. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/79692900/>.