Maps Nuevo plano de Puerto Rico
About this Item
- Nuevo plano de Puerto Rico
- Contributor Names
- Montero de Espinosa, José.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Harbors--Puerto Rico--San Juan--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800
- - Puerto Rico--San Juan
- - Scale ca. 1:8,500.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Manuscript; pen-and-ink, watercolor, and pencil.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower right.
- - Relief shown pictorially and by shading. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Selected buildings shown pictorially.
- - Covers San Juan Harbor.
- - LC Luso-Hispanic World, 766
- - Includes text and index to points of interest.
- - "Latin American Atlantic Port Cities exhibit, 1986."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- 1 map : col. ; 63 x 81 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4974.S5P55 1785 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
- Related Resources - Puerto Rico at the Dawn of the Modern Age: Nineteenth- and Early-Twentieth-Century Perspectives - Digital Collections
- Bayamón, Mayagüez, and San Juan, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico at the Dawn of the Modern Age: Nineteenth- and Early-Twentieth-Century Perspectives - Digital Collections
- Puerto Rico: The Luso-Hispanic World in Maps (Library of Congress)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Montero De Espinosa, José. Nuevo plano de Puerto Rico.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79693773/. (Accessed August 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Montero De Espinosa, J. (1785) Nuevo plano de Puerto Rico. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79693773/.
MLA citation style:
Montero De Espinosa, José. Nuevo plano de Puerto Rico.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/79693773/>.