Map The Territory of Nebraska : embracing the public surveys up to the summer of 1857
About this Item
- The Territory of Nebraska : embracing the public surveys up to the summer of 1857
- Contributor Names
- Quin, Smith & Van Zandt.
- Leopold Gast & Brother.
- Created / Published
- [Lecompton? Kan.] : Quin, Smith & Van Zandt, 
- Subject Headings
- - Nebraska--Maps
- - United States--Nebraska
- - Scale 1:316,800; 5 miles to 1 in.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Includes ill.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2
- 1 map : col. ; 88 x 57 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4190 1857 .Q5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale 1:316,800; 5 miles to 1 in. Hand colored. Relief shown by hachures. Includes ill. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. AACR2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Quin, Smith & Van Zandt, and Leopold Gast & Brother. The Territory of Nebraska: embracing the public surveys up to the summer of. [Lecompton? Kan.: Quin, Smith & Van Zandt, 1857] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/79694702/.
APA citation style:
Quin, S. &. V. Z. & Leopold Gast & Brother. (1857) The Territory of Nebraska: embracing the public surveys up to the summer of. [Lecompton? Kan.: Quin, Smith & Van Zandt] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79694702/.
MLA citation style:
Quin, Smith & Van Zandt, and Leopold Gast & Brother. The Territory of Nebraska: embracing the public surveys up to the summer of. [Lecompton? Kan.: Quin, Smith & Van Zandt, 1857] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/79694702/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the United States west of the Mississippi showing the routes to Pike's Peak, overland ... Detailed general map framed in decorative borders showing drainage, state boundaries, cities and towns, and the transportation and communication networks. An excellent example of a promotional map to encourage emigration. [From published...
- Contributor: McGowan, D. - Hildt, George H. - Leopold Gast & Brother
- Date: 1859
MapNebraska Territory, May 1854 : Nebraska centennial, 1854-1954 : this map is the Nebraska section of ... Relief shown pictorially. Pictorial map showing the Mormon, Oregon, Ox Bow, and California trails; routes of the Lewis & Clark, Mallet Brothers and Long expeditions; and historical sites. "This map prepared courtesy...
- Contributor: First National Bank (Omaha, Ne) - Clarke, Walter F. - Nebraska State Historical Society
MapMap of Nebraska : United States : population, 76,303,387 Relief shown by hachures on map of the United States. LC copy imperfect: Some fold lines torn and part of index and upper margin cut off. Includes indexes and inset of Alaska....
- Contributor: Cram, George Franklin
- Date: 1902
MapNebraska and Kanzas
Nebraska and Kansas Relief shown by hachures. Shows routes explored for Pacific railroad by Captain J.W. Gunnison and Lieutenant E.G. Beckwith; shows route for a proposed railroad to the West Coast as Governor Stevens' Route...
- Contributor: J.H. Colton & Co.
- Date: 1855
MapColton's Kansas and Nebraska. Detailed map showing cities and towns, county boundaries, roads, and the railroad network.
- Contributor: J.H. Colton & Co.
- Date: 1858