Maps Historical sketch of the Rebellion : [United States]
About this Item
- Historical sketch of the Rebellion : [United States]
- Contributor Names
- Lindenkohl, H. (Henry)
- Hawley, Joseph R. (Joseph Roswell), 1826-1905.
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
- Created / Published
- [Washington] : U.S. Coast Survey, [1863?]
- Subject Headings
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:5,800,000.
- - LC copy annotated in pencil.
- - Shows "Limits of territory controlled by U.S. Forces July 31st 1863."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 40.1
- - Another issue.
- - From the papers of Joseph Roswell Hawley in the Manuscript Division.
- - Similar to the preceding issue (Civil War Maps entry no. 40). Legend is changed from "limits occupied by the United States forces July 1863" to "limits of terr[i]tory controlled by U.S. forces July 31st 1863."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes table of "Population Census 1860" by state.
- - AACR2
- 1 map : col. ; 47 x 45 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.S5 1863 .L5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lindenkohl, H, Joseph R Hawley, and U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey. [Historical sketch of the Rebellion: United States]. [Washington: U.S. Coast Survey, ?, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79695218/. (Accessed December 07, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Lindenkohl, H., Hawley, J. R. & U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey. (1863) [Historical sketch of the Rebellion: United States]. [Washington: U.S. Coast Survey, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79695218/.
MLA citation style:
Lindenkohl, H, Joseph R Hawley, and U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey. [Historical sketch of the Rebellion: United States]. [Washington: U.S. Coast Survey, ?, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/79695218/>.