Map Map showing the entrenchments around Wilmington
About this Item
- Map showing the entrenchments around Wilmington
- Contributor Names
- Turner, L. C.
- James, W. H.
- Hawley, Joseph R. (Joseph Roswell), 1826-1905.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Wilmington (N.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fortification--North Carolina--Wilmington--Maps
- - Wilmington (N.C.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Maps
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--North Carolina--Wilmington
- - Scale 1:7,920; 8 in. to 1 mile.
- - Manuscript; pen-and-ink, watercolor, and pencil.
- - Copy imperfect: Ink stained.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 317.7
- - From the papers of Joseph Roswell Hawley.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 651/1; 650/2; 651/3; 650/4; 700/2
- 1 map : col., cloth ; on sheet 71 x 97 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3904.W6S5 1863 .T8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale 1:7,920; 8 in. to 1 mile. Manuscript; pen-and-ink, watercolor, and pencil. Copy imperfect: Ink stained. Relief shown by hachures. Oriented with north toward the upper left. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 317.7 From the papers of Joseph Roswell Hawley. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2: 651/1; 650/2; 651/3; 650/4; 700/2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
ContributorsHawley, Joseph R. (Joseph Roswell)
James, W. H.
Turner, L. C.
SubjectsBuildings, Structures, Etc
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Chicago citation style:
Turner, L. C, W. H James, and Joseph R Hawley. Map showing the entrenchments around Wilmington. 1863. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/79695238/.
APA citation style:
Turner, L. C., James, W. H. & Hawley, J. R. (1863) Map showing the entrenchments around Wilmington. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79695238/.
MLA citation style:
Turner, L. C, W. H James, and Joseph R Hawley. Map showing the entrenchments around Wilmington. 1863. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/79695238/>.