Maps Sketch of sea coast of South Carolina and Georgia from Bull's Bay to Ossabaw Sound
About this Item
- Sketch of sea coast of South Carolina and Georgia from Bull's Bay to Ossabaw Sound
- Contributor Names
- Lindenkohl, A.
- Molitor, E.
- Hawley, Joseph R. (Joseph Roswell), 1826-1905.
- United States Coast Survey.
- Created / Published
- [Washington] : U.S. Coast Survey, 1863.
- Subject Headings
- - Coasts--South Carolina--Maps
- - Coasts--Georgia--Maps
- - South Carolina--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Georgia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--South Carolina
- - United States--Georgia
- - Scale 1:200,000.
- - Sectioned and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Hand colored.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 363
- - From the papers of Joseph Roswell Hawley.
- - LC copy annotated in ink in cover.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes list of "References" to Civil War engagements.
- - AACR2
- 1 map : col. ; 41 x 96 cm. fold. in cover 22 x 13 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3912.C6S5 1863 .L5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsHawley, Joseph R. (Joseph Roswell)
United States Coast Survey
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lindenkohl, A, E Molitor, Joseph R Hawley, and United States Coast Survey. Sketch of sea coast of South Carolina and Georgia from Bull's Bay to Ossabaw Sound. [Washington: U.S. Coast Survey, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79695239/. (Accessed December 04, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Lindenkohl, A., Molitor, E., Hawley, J. R. & United States Coast Survey. (1863) Sketch of sea coast of South Carolina and Georgia from Bull's Bay to Ossabaw Sound. [Washington: U.S. Coast Survey] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79695239/.
MLA citation style:
Lindenkohl, A, et al. Sketch of sea coast of South Carolina and Georgia from Bull's Bay to Ossabaw Sound. [Washington: U.S. Coast Survey, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/79695239/>.