Map Map of Philadelphia County : constructed by virtue of an act of the Legislature of Pennsylvania passed 19th March 1816
About this Item
- Map of Philadelphia County : constructed by virtue of an act of the Legislature of Pennsylvania passed 19th March 1816
- Contributor Names
- Melish, John, 1771-1822.
- Tanner, Vallance, Kearny & Co.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Melish, 1819.
- Subject Headings
- - Philadelphia (Pa.)--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- - Scale 1:79,200; 1 1/4 miles to an in.
- - Hand colored.
- - LC copy annotated in pencil.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Reference meridian: Washington.
- - Shows land owners' names in rural areas.
- - LC Land ownership maps, no. 783
- - Includes "Remarks, statistical and geological" and "Statistical table."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- 1 map : col. ; 44 x 49 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.P5 1819 .M4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Melish, John, and Vallance Tanner. Map of Philadelphia County: constructed by virtue of an act of the Legislature of Pennsylvania passed 19th March. Philadelphia: Melish, 1819. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/79695293/.
APA citation style:
Melish, J. & Tanner, V. (1819) Map of Philadelphia County: constructed by virtue of an act of the Legislature of Pennsylvania passed 19th March. Philadelphia: Melish. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/79695293/.
MLA citation style:
Melish, John, and Vallance Tanner. Map of Philadelphia County: constructed by virtue of an act of the Legislature of Pennsylvania passed 19th March. Philadelphia: Melish, 1819. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/79695293/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of Somerset County General-content county map showing buildings in rural areas, householders' names in rural areas, and selected property boundaries with owners' names in 2 townships. Relief shown by hachures. Hand col. to emphasize township...
- Contributor: Tanner, Vallance, Kearny & Co. - Pennsylvania. General Assembly - Melish, John - Tanner, Henry Schenck - Wells, John
- Date: 1830
MapInsurance maps of the city of Philadelphia.
Maps of the city of Philadelphia | Insurance maps of the suburbs of Philadelphia | Insurance maps, suburbs of Philadelphia Some atlases surveyed by Ernest Hexamer & William Locher. Some atlases surveyed and drawn by Ernest Hexamer. Some atlases surveyed and drawn by Ernest Hexamer & Son. Orientation varies. Described in unpublished...
- Contributor: Locher, William - E. Hexamer & Son - Hexamer, Ernest
- Date: 1857
MapA map of the county of Philadelphia : from actual survey Shows rural buildings and occupants' names. Relief shown by hachures. LC Land ownership maps, 784 Includes text, population table, and inset "Plan of the city of Philadalphia". Available also through the Library...
- Contributor: Ellet, Charles
- Date: 1843
MapA map of the improved part of the Province of Pennsilvania in America : begun by ...
Map of the Province of Pennsilvania containing the three countyes of Chester, Philadelphia & Bucks : Shows rural landholders' names, lot lines, and proprietary manors. Map content (as of 1687) does not differ from earlier eds. Title from upper border. Statement of dedication at upper left:To the worthey...
- Contributor: Greene, Robert - Lamb, Francis - Pennsylvania. Surveyor General - Holme, Thomas - Thornton, John
- Date: 1687
MapMap of Delaware Co. and the city of Philadelphia Shows real-property tracts and landowners' names in rural areas of the county and in the Province Island district of Philadelphia. Radial distances shown from Philadelphia City Hall. Depths shown by soundings. Hand...
- Contributor: G.M. Hopkins & Co. - Busch, Edward - Bourquin, F. (Frederick) - Hopkins, Griffith Morgan
- Date: 1876