Maps Original maps of Forts Henry & Donelson and vicinity.
About this Item
- Original maps of Forts Henry & Donelson and vicinity.
- Contributor Names
- Cullum, George W. (George Washington), 1809-1892.
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fort Henry (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Fort Donelson Region (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Tennessee--Fort Henry
- - United States--Tennessee--Fort Donelson Region
- - Not drawn to scale.
- - Title from verso.
- - Manuscript; pen-and-ink.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Oriented with north to the bottom.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 416
- - In upper left corner: 148.D⁴ [This number refers to a numbering system used in the compilation of the "Atlas to accompany the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies." Maps numbered 1 to 147 are filed as part of the series of manuscript maps used in the compilation of the atlas by the War Records Office and are filed in Records of the Adjutant General's Office, National Archives and Records Service, Washington, D.C.]
- - In lower right corner: Engr. Dept., July 18/64. Recd. with Gen. Cullum's letter of the 16th inst. (C.5621).
- - Shows location and size of guns.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- 1 map ; on sheet 50 x 65 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3964.F67S5 1862 .O7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsCullum, George W. (George Washington)
United States. Army. Corps of Engineers
LocationFort Donelson Region
Fort Donelson Region
SubjectsFort Donelson Region
Fort Donelson Region (Tenn.)
Fort Henry (Tenn.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cullum, George W, and United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Original maps of Forts Henry & Donelson and vicinity.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/80691156/. (Accessed December 03, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Cullum, G. W. & United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. (1862) Original maps of Forts Henry & Donelson and vicinity. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/80691156/.
MLA citation style:
Cullum, George W, and United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Original maps of Forts Henry & Donelson and vicinity.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/80691156/>.