Book/Printed Material La région du Tchad et du Oudaï; études ethnographiques, dialecte Toubou.
About this Item
- La région du Tchad et du Oudaï; études ethnographiques, dialecte Toubou.
- Henri Carbou was a French colonial official and ethnographer who undertook pioneering studies of the peoples of Chad and Sudan and their languages. The groups discussed in this two-volume work include the Kanembou, the Toubou, the Ouaddai, the Arabs, and many others. Carbou's sources included his own observations, works by Arab writers, and earlier works by Europeans, including the two great German explorers of central Africa, Heinrich Barth (1821-65) and Gustav Nachtigal (1834-85). Carbou's works still are used by scholars interested in the dialects of Chad and Sudan. World Digital Library.
- Carbou, Henri.
Created / Published
- Paris, E. Leroux, 1912.
- - Ethnology--Chad
- - Chad--History
- - Ouaddai (Chad)--History
- - Cover title: Tchad et Ouadaï.
- - French and/or Toubou.
- - Bibliography: t. 2. p. -275.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - digital files not viewed; td12 2008-11-3
- 2 v. in 1. map 26 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- AS651 .A6 t. 47-48 GN652.C5
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Carbou, Henri. La région du Tchad et du Oudaï; études ethnographiques, dialecte Toubou. Paris, E. Leroux, 1912. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/81484374/.
APA citation style:
Carbou, H. (1912) La région du Tchad et du Oudaï; études ethnographiques, dialecte Toubou. Paris, E. Leroux. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/81484374/.
MLA citation style:
Carbou, Henri. La région du Tchad et du Oudaï; études ethnographiques, dialecte Toubou. Paris, E. Leroux, 1912. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/81484374/>.