Book/Printed Material Denslow's Three bears Three bears
About this Item
- Denslow's Three bears
- Three bears
- Denslow, W. W. (William Wallace), 1856-1915.
- Juvenile Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- New York : G.W. Dillingham Co., 1903.
- - Cover title.
- - All versions of the Three bears derive from: The story of the three bears/ Robert Southey. Cf. Funk & Wagnalls standard dict. of folklore. Denslow's version is extended to end the story happily for the bears and the heroine.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Adv. on p.  of cover for Denslow's picture books for children: twelve books uniform in format rewritten to remove "all coarseness, cruelty, and everything that might frighten children."
- - LAC ael 2020-09-10 update (1 card)
-  p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- PZ8.1.D455 De 1903
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Denslow, W. W, and Juvenile Collection. Denslow's Three bears. New York: G.W. Dillingham Co, 1903. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/82196794/.
APA citation style:
Denslow, W. W. & Juvenile Collection. (1903) Denslow's Three bears. New York: G.W. Dillingham Co. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/82196794/.
MLA citation style:
Denslow, W. W, and Juvenile Collection. Denslow's Three bears. New York: G.W. Dillingham Co, 1903. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/82196794/>.