Map A map of that part of America which was the principal seat of war in 1756.
About this Item
- A map of that part of America which was the principal seat of war in 1756.
- Created / Published
- [London? : s.n., 1757?]
- Subject Headings
- - New England--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Saint Lawrence River Valley--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--History--French and Indian War, 1754-1763--Maps
- - United States--New England
- - North America--Saint Lawrence River Valley
- - United States
- - Covers northern New England and upper Saint Lawrence Valley.
- - Does not show military positions, movements, or fortifications.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Includes notes.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth. Margins trimmed.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 22 x 33 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3720 1756 .M3
- G3720 1756 .M3 Copy 2. From Force map collection. Mounted on cloth.
- G3720 1756 .M3 Copy 3. Unmounted, all margins ragged.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Covers northern New England and upper Saint Lawrence Valley. Does not show military positions, movements, or fortifications. Relief shown pictorially. Includes notes. LC copy mounted on cloth. Margins trimmed. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Saint Lawrence River Valley
Saint Lawrence River Valley.
SubjectsEarly Works to 1800
French and Indian War
Saint Lawrence River Valley
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
A map of that part of America which was the principal seat of war in. [London?: s.n., ?, 1756] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/82693309/.
APA citation style:
(1756) A map of that part of America which was the principal seat of war in. [London?: s.n., ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/82693309/.
MLA citation style:
A map of that part of America which was the principal seat of war in. [London?: s.n., ?, 1756] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/82693309/>.