Map Plan of the Town of Turner, formerly Silvester Plantation : out side lines and part of the lotts ran out
About this Item
- Plan of the Town of Turner, formerly Silvester Plantation : out side lines and part of the lotts ran out
- Contributor Names
- Getchel, Stephen.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Maine--Turner (Town)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Turner (Me. : Town)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Maine--Turner (Town)
- - Shows lot numbers and lot holder's names.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Includes note.
- - Panel title: A plan of the Town of Turner.
- - Unidentified numbers of verso.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - Acquisitions control no. 45-83
- 1 map : ms. ; 46 x 37 cm., folded to 19 x 12 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3734.T8G46 1770 .G4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Getchel, Stephen. Plan of the Town of Turner, formerly Silvester Plantation: out side lines and part of the lotts ran out. 1770. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/83694263/.
APA citation style:
Getchel, S. (1770) Plan of the Town of Turner, formerly Silvester Plantation: out side lines and part of the lotts ran out. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/83694263/.
MLA citation style:
Getchel, Stephen. Plan of the Town of Turner, formerly Silvester Plantation: out side lines and part of the lotts ran out. 1770. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/83694263/>.
More Maps like this
MapA sketch of the northern part of the "Million Acres" on the Kennebec River with certain ... Partial cadastral map showing timber lots (tinted yellow), lot numbers, and lot acreages. Covers a portion of the Kennebec River region of Maine that is centered on the confluence of the Kennebec...
- Contributor: Coburn, Eleazer
- Date: 1827
MapA sketch of the north part of the Kennebec Million Acres. Partial cadastral map showing timber lots and lot acreages. Covers a portion of the Kennebec River region of Maine that is centered on the confluence of the Kennebec and Dead Rivers. Date...
- Contributor: Coburn, Eleazer
- Date: 1827
Map[Cadastral map showing most of the towns of Groton and Hebron, New Hampshire, and adjacent parts ... Cadastral map showing numbered and unnumbered lots; some landowners identified. Drawn in late eighteenth or nineteenth century, according to LC acquisition records. Scribing and pen-and-ink; on goat skin wrapped around original handmade...
- Date: 1800
MapPlan of township no. 1, north of Phillips Cadastral map of town of Madrid, Maine, showing numbered lots; acreage and dimensions given for some lots. "This plan represents township number one in the first range of townships west of the...
- Contributor: Adams, Solomon
- Date: 1805
Map[Map of landholdings in the part of Prince George's County (Md.) that is now central Washington ... Shows landholdings as of "1784." Depths shown by soundings. Pen-and-ink (black and purple) on tracing linen. Title devised by cataloger. Probably traced by Joseph M. Toner from the original map by Beatty...
- Contributor: Toner, Joseph M. (Joseph Meredith) - Beatty, Chas. (Charles) - Orme, Arch. (Archibald)
- Date: 1784