Map [Map of the Arctic and adjacent regions].
About this Item
- [Map of the Arctic and adjacent regions].
- Contributor Names
- Ross, John, Sir, 1777-1856.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Arctic regions--Maps, Manuscript
- - Manuscript maps
- - Arctic regions
- - "Fec. Juli 1855."
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Map names and notes in German.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Includes notes in red ink.
- - Notes in pencil and ink on verso.
- - On verso in ink: Map drawn in 1855, Capt. John Ross, North Pole.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map : ms., col., mounted on linen ; 78 x 75 cm., folded to 41 x 39 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3270 1855 .R6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- "Fec. Juli 1855." Relief shown by shading. Map names and notes in German. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Includes notes in red ink. Notes in pencil and ink on verso. On verso in ink: Map drawn in 1855, Capt. John Ross, North Pole. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ross, John, Sir. Map of the Arctic and adjacent regions.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/85693100/.
APA citation style:
Ross, J. (1855) Map of the Arctic and adjacent regions. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/85693100/.
MLA citation style:
Ross, John, Sir. Map of the Arctic and adjacent regions.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/85693100/>.