Maps Sketch of vicinity of Fort Fisher /
About this Item
- Sketch of vicinity of Fort Fisher /
- Contributor Names
- Schultze, Otto Julian.
- Molitor, E.
- Comstock, C. B. (Cyrus Ballou), 1831-1910.
- Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe), 1832-1895.
- United States. War Department. Engineer Bureau.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.? : U.S. War Dept., Engineer Bureau, 1865?]
- Subject Headings
- - Fort Fisher Region (N.C. : Fort)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--North Carolina--Fort Fisher Region
- - "Ft. Fisher, Feb. 9th, 1865, forwarded to Engineer Department with letter of this date, C.B. Comstock, Lt. Col. A.D.C. & Brvt. B. Gen."
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - From the Orlando M. Poe papers in LC Manuscript Division.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 314, S125
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes inset of Fort Buchanan.
- - Mounted on cloth.
- 1 map ; 37 x 25 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3904.F62S5 1865 .S3
- G3904.F62S5 1865 .S3 Copy 2 CW 314 Mounted on cloth, laminated.
- G3904.F62S5 1865 .S3 Copy 3 CW 314 Mounted on paper, mounted on cloth, laminated, stamped in blue ink in lower left margin: 846, stamped in black ink in three places: discarded by U.S.D.A. Lib.
- G3904.F62S5 1865 .S3 Copy 4 Vault : Sher 125 Mounted on paper.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsComstock, C. (Cyrus Ballou)
Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe)
Schultze, Otto Julian
United States. War Department. Engineer Bureau
LocationFort Fisher Region
Fort Fisher Region
Fort Fisher Region (N.C. : Fort)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Schultze, Otto Julian, E Molitor, C. B Comstock, O. M Poe, and United States War Department. Engineer Bureau. Sketch of vicinity of Fort Fisher. [Washington, D.C.?: U.S. War Dept., Engineer Bureau, ?, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/86690227. (Accessed February 13, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Schultze, O. J., Molitor, E., Comstock, C. B., Poe, O. M. & United States War Department. Engineer Bureau. (1865) Sketch of vicinity of Fort Fisher. [Washington, D.C.?: U.S. War Dept., Engineer Bureau, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/86690227.
MLA citation style:
Schultze, Otto Julian, et al. Sketch of vicinity of Fort Fisher. [Washington, D.C.?: U.S. War Dept., Engineer Bureau, ?, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/86690227>.