Maps Galveston, Texas, showing the fortifications &c.
About this Item
- Galveston, Texas, showing the fortifications &c.
- Contributor Names
- Abbot, Henry L.
- Banks, Nathaniel Prentiss, 1816-1894.
- United States. Army. Department of the Gulf (1862-1865)
- Brown & Ogilvie.
- Created / Published
- [New Orleans, La.] : Dept. of the Gulf, [1862?]
- Subject Headings
- - Galveston Region (Tex.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Texas--Galveston Region
- - Covers Galveston area, west to southeast, from Swan Lake to Gulf of Mexico, and north to Bolivar Point.
- - At head of title: Map no. 3.
- - From the Nathaniel Prentice Banks papers in LC Manuscript Division.
- - "Authorities: Coast Survey charts ... 1862."
- - Sun print.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 447.2
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 2-83
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : photocopy ; 34 x 47 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4034.G3S5 1862 .A2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abbot, Henry L, Nathaniel Prentiss Banks, United States Army. Department Of The Gulf, and Brown & Ogilvie. Galveston, Texas, showing the fortifications &c. [New Orleans, La.: Dept. of the Gulf, ?, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/86691333/. (Accessed August 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Abbot, H. L., Banks, N. P., United States Army. Department Of The Gulf & Brown & Ogilvie. (1862) Galveston, Texas, showing the fortifications &c. [New Orleans, La.: Dept. of the Gulf, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/86691333/.
MLA citation style:
Abbot, Henry L, et al. Galveston, Texas, showing the fortifications &c. [New Orleans, La.: Dept. of the Gulf, ?, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/86691333/>.