Map [Environs of Vicksburg, Mississippi, 1863]
About this Item
- [Environs of Vicksburg, Mississippi, 1863]
- Contributor Names
- United States Coast Survey.
- Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867.
- Fendall, C.
- Strausz, A.
- Hawley, Joseph R. (Joseph Roswell), 1826-1905.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.] : The Survey, 1863.
- Yazoo River defences at Walnut Hills, near Vicksburg, Miss. : occupied by the U.S. Naval Forces, May 20, 1863 / surveyed for Rear Adminral D.D. Porter, commanding Mississippi flotilla, by sub. asst., C. Fendall -- Haines Bluff, Miss. : showing the positions of the attacking gunboats, April 30th, May 1st, 1863 / sketched by C. Fendall ... under direction of Rear Admiral D.D. Porter -- Vicksburg and vicinity / surveyed by C. Fendall & A. Strausz, under the direction of Real Admiral D.C. Porter -- Survey of a canal connecting Walnut Bayou with the Mississippi River : dug by the U.S. Forces under Genl. Grant in April 1863 / surveyed by C. Fendall & A. Strausz.
- Subject Headings
- - Vicksburg Region (Miss.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Vicksburg Region (Miss.)--Maps
- - United States--Mississippi--Vicksburg
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by form lines.
- - From the Joseph R. Hawley papers in LC Manuscript Division.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 279
- - Maps of "Yazoo River defences at Walnut Hills" and "Haines Bluff" autogr. by Hausmann.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 4 maps on 1 sheet ; 28 x 45 cm. or smaller, sheet 84 x 54 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3984.V8S5 1863 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by form lines. From the Joseph R. Hawley papers in LC Manuscript Division. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 279 Maps of "Yazoo River defences at Walnut Hills" and "Haines Bluff" autogr. by Hausmann. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
ContributorsBache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas)
Hawley, Joseph R. (Joseph Roswell)
United States Coast Survey
Vicksburg Region (Miss.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Coast Survey, A. D Bache, C Fendall, A Strausz, and Joseph R Hawley. Environs of Vicksburg, Mississippi. [Washington, D.C.: The Survey, 1863] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/86691334/.
APA citation style:
United States Coast Survey, Bache, A. D., Fendall, C., Strausz, A. & Hawley, J. R. (1863) Environs of Vicksburg, Mississippi. [Washington, D.C.: The Survey] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/86691334/.
MLA citation style:
United States Coast Survey, et al. Environs of Vicksburg, Mississippi. [Washington, D.C.: The Survey, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/86691334/>.