Maps New Orleans to Vicksburg
About this Item
- New Orleans to Vicksburg
- Contributor Names
- Abbot, Henry L.
- Banks, Nathaniel Prentiss, 1816-1894.
- Elliot, Charles Darwin, 1837-1908.
- United States. Army. Department of the Gulf (1862-1865)
- Brown & Ogilvie.
- Created / Published
- [New Orleans, La.] : Dept. of the Gulf, 
- Subject Headings
- - New Orleans Region (La.)--Maps
- - Vicksburg Region (Miss.)--Maps
- - Mississippi River--Maps
- - United States--Louisiana--New Orleans Region
- - United States--Mississippi--Vicksburg Region
- - United States--Mississippi River
- - Covers area of Louisiana and Mississippi adjacent to Mississippi River from approximately 15 miles north of Vicksburg to 20 miles west of New Orleans.
- - At head of title: Map no. 2.
- - "Photographed by Brown & Ogilvie."
- - "Authorities: Township surveys, La Tourett's [sic] ...."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 229.5
- - LC copy annotated in pencil and ink.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - From the Nathaniel P. Banks papers in LC Manuscript Division.
- 1 map : photocopy ; 99 x 56 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4014.N5A1 1863 .A2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAbbot, Henry L.
Banks, Nathaniel Prentiss
Brown & Ogilvie
Elliot, Charles Darwin
United States. Army. Department of the Gulf
New Orleans Region
New Orleans Region
New Orleans Region
New Orleans Region (La.)
Vicksburg Region (Miss.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abbot, Henry L, Nathaniel Prentiss Banks, Charles Darwin Elliot, United States Army. Department Of The Gulf, and Brown & Ogilvie. New Orleans to Vicksburg. [New Orleans, La.: Dept. of the Gulf, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/86691588/. (Accessed January 23, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Abbot, H. L., Banks, N. P., Elliot, C. D., United States Army. Department Of The Gulf & Brown & Ogilvie. (1863) New Orleans to Vicksburg. [New Orleans, La.: Dept. of the Gulf] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/86691588/.
MLA citation style:
Abbot, Henry L, et al. New Orleans to Vicksburg. [New Orleans, La.: Dept. of the Gulf, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/86691588/>.