Maps Chart of the coast of Maine
About this Item
- Chart of the coast of Maine
- Contributor Names
- Porter, Seward, 1784-1838.
- Moody (Lithographer)
- T. Moore's Lithography.
- Created / Published
- [Bath, Me.?] : Seward Porter, ,
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Maine
- - Coasts--Maine--Maps
- - Atlantic Coast (Me.)--Maps
- - United States--Maine
- - United States--Maine--Atlantic Coast
- - Relief shown by hachures on some sheets. Depths shown by soundings on some sheets.
- - On some sheets: Entered according to Act of Congress, by Capt. Seward Porter, in the year 1837, in the Clerks office of the District Court of Massachusetts.
- - Some sheets lack geographic coordinates and bar scale.
- - Orientation varies.
- - Sheets numbered: No. 1 ... No. 9.
- - Ristow. American maps and mapmakers.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Accompanied by: Chart of the coast of Maine, No. 10. 1 sheet : photocopy of ms. map with inset ; 44 x 71 cm.
- - Some sheets include ill. of ships.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth backing. Some LC sheets annotated in ink in margin.
- - Vault
- 9 maps ; 53 x 75 cm. or smaller, on sheets 57 x 81 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3732.C6P5 svar .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Porter, Seward, Moody, and T. Moore'S Lithography. Chart of the coast of Maine. [Bath, Me.?: Seward Porter, 1837] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/86692266/. (Accessed October 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Porter, S., Moody & T. Moore'S Lithography. (1837) Chart of the coast of Maine. [Bath, Me.?: Seward Porter] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/86692266/.
MLA citation style:
Porter, Seward, Moody, and T. Moore'S Lithography. Chart of the coast of Maine. [Bath, Me.?: Seward Porter, 1837] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/86692266/>.