Book/Printed Material Seventy-five receipts for pastry, cakes, and sweetmeats
About this Item
- Seventy-five receipts for pastry, cakes, and sweetmeats
- Leslie, Eliza, 1787-1858.
- Katherine Golden Bitting Collection on Gastronomy (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Boston : Munroe & Francis, [1829?]
- - Baking
- - The 4th and later eds. name the author as Miss Leslie.
- - Title registered in Clerk's Office, District of Massachusetts, Mar. 9, 1827, but preface is dated Jan. 15, 1828. The preface may be that of the 1st ed., which was published in 1828 (cf. Kansas State University receipt book and household manual / G.A. Rudolph. item 319). Bitting gives 1829 as date of 2nd ed. The 3rd ed. was published in 1830.
- - Bitting, K.G. Gastronomic bib., p. 603
- - Source: Gift of Mrs. Stanley Lewis, Nov. 13, 1986.
- - LAC scc 2019-04-02 no edits (2 cards)
- 100 p. ; 18 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- TX765 .L63 1829
- TX765 .L63 1829 Copy 2 Copy 2. Gift of A.W. Bitting, presented in memory of Katherine Golden Bitting, Oct. 6, 1939.
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Leslie, Eliza, and Katherine Golden Bitting Collection On Gastronomy. Seventy-Five Receipts for Pastry, Cakes, and Sweetmeats. [Boston: Munroe & Francis, ?, 1829] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/87110852/.
APA citation style:
Leslie, E. & Katherine Golden Bitting Collection On Gastronomy. (1829) Seventy-Five Receipts for Pastry, Cakes, and Sweetmeats. [Boston: Munroe & Francis, ?] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87110852/.
MLA citation style:
Leslie, Eliza, and Katherine Golden Bitting Collection On Gastronomy. Seventy-Five Receipts for Pastry, Cakes, and Sweetmeats. [Boston: Munroe & Francis, ?, 1829] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87110852/>.