Map America noviter delineata
About this Item
- America noviter delineata
- Contributor Names
- Hondius, Jodocus, 1563-1612.
- Picart, H. (Hugues), 1587-1662 or 1664.
- Boisseau, Jean, active 1637-1658.
- Created / Published
- [Paris : Jean Boisseau, 1640?]
- Subject Headings
- - America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - America
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes insets of north and south polar regions.
- - Acquisitions control no. 3-85
- 1 map ; 37 x 49 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3290 1640 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hondius, Jodocus, H Picart, and Jean Boisseau. America Noviter Delineata. [Paris: Jean Boisseau, ?, 1640] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87690704/.
APA citation style:
Hondius, J., Picart, H. & Boisseau, J. (1640) America Noviter Delineata. [Paris: Jean Boisseau, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87690704/.
MLA citation style:
Hondius, Jodocus, H Picart, and Jean Boisseau. America Noviter Delineata. [Paris: Jean Boisseau, ?, 1640] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87690704/>.
More Maps like this
MapAfricae nova tabula Relief shown pictorially. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes watermark. Acquisitions control no. 6-85
- Contributor: Boisseau, Jean - Picart, H. (Hugues) - Hondius, Jodocus
- Date: 1640
MapAmericae sive qvartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio
Americae sive quartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio Covers North and South America with the adjacent seas. Relief shown pictorially. From the Rosenwald Collection, Library of Congress, no. 1303. Originally printed on 6 sheets. Described in Quarterly Journal of the...
- Contributor: Cock, Hieronymus - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress) - Gutiérrez, Diego
- Date: 1562
MapNova totivs Americæ descriptio.
Nova totius Americæ descriptio Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image. Vault
- Contributor: Wit, Frederik De.
- Date: 1660
MapDescription de la Nouvelle France, ou, sont remarquées les diverses habitations des françois, despuis la première ... Relief shown pictorially. Annotated in brown ink in upper right margin: 191. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Acquisitions control no. 8-85A Vault
- Contributor: Boisseau, Jean
- Date: 1643
MapA map of the British and French dominions in North America, with the roads, distances, limits, ... Relief shown pictorially. Second impression of 1st ed. Scale ca. 1:2,000,000. Hand colored. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 38 Includes text and inset "A new map of Hudson's Bay and Labrador...
- Contributor: Mitchell, John - Millar, Andrew - Kitchin, Thomas
- Date: 1755