Map Ethnographical map of the Indian tribes of North America, A.D. 1592
About this Item
- Ethnographical map of the Indian tribes of North America, A.D. 1592
- Contributor Names
- Eastman, Seth, 1808-1875.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Ethnology--North America--Maps
- - Indians of North America--Maps
- - Human geography--North America--Maps
- - Manuscript maps
- - North America
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Annotated in pencil, including change of date in the title to 1650.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 50-84
- - Vault
- 1 map : ms., col., mounted on paper backing ; 23 x 31 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3301.E1 1592 .E2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Eastman, Seth. Ethnographical map of the Indian tribes of North America, A.D. [18, 1592] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87690706/.
APA citation style:
Eastman, S. (1592) Ethnographical map of the Indian tribes of North America, A.D.  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87690706/.
MLA citation style:
Eastman, Seth. Ethnographical map of the Indian tribes of North America, A.D. [18, 1592] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87690706/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Map of North America showing Indian tribes]. Title provided by cataloger. Manuscript information about tribes over printed base map. Pencil, pen-and-ink and watercolor. The base map has the name of Oklahoma as Indian Territory and the Dakotas as "Dakota"....
- Date: 1890
MapMap of linguistic stocks of American Indians. From: Annual report of Bureau of Ethnology, v. 7, by J.W. Powell. LC Many nations, p. 209 Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Powell, John Wesley
- Date: 1890
MapMap of the Indian tribes of North America, about 1600 A.D. along the Atlantic, & about ... Relief shown pictorially. "Pendleton's Lithography." From: American Antiquarian Society. Transactions and collections. Vol. 2, 1836, fol. p. 264. Hand colored to show the location of Indian tribes and 11 linguistic families. Available...
- Contributor: Gallatin, Albert - American Antiquarian Society
- Date: 1836
MapMapa y tabla geografica de leguas comunes que hay de unos á otros lugares y ciudades ... Shows North America. Relief shown by hachures and pictorially. "Dedicada al exm̃o señor D. Agustín de Ahumada y Villalón, marqués de las Amarillas, ... virrey governador y captain general de esta Nueva...
- Contributor: Ahumada Y Villalón, Agustín De
- Date: 175?
Map[Map of Louisiana, Spanish West Florida]. Shows region east of Mississippi River, south of latitude 31°N, west of Tangipahoa River, and north of Lake Maurepas. Relief shown by hachures. Place names in Spanish. Title from John R. Hébert's...
- Contributor: Pintado, Vicente Sebastián
- Date: 1805