Map Baist's map of the vicinity of Washington D.C.
About this Item
- Baist's map of the vicinity of Washington D.C.
- Baist, G. Wm. (George William), 1859-1927.
Created / Published
- Philadelphia : G. Wm. Baist, 
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Washington Metropolitan Area--Maps
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Real property--Washington Metropolitan Area--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- Topographic maps
- Wall maps
- - E 5975 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Shows radial distances and rural householders' names.
- - Relief shown by contours.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the Year 1904 ..."
- - Includes advertisement.
- - LC copy sectioned and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col. ; 152 x 146 cm., sheets 82 x 75 cm. and 83 x 75 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1904 .B3
- G3850 1904 .B3 Copy 2. Sectioned and mounted on cloth backing
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Baist, G. Wm. Baist's map of the vicinity of Washington D.C. [Philadelphia: G. Wm. Baist, 1904] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87691445/.
APA citation style:
Baist, G. W. (1904) Baist's map of the vicinity of Washington D.C. [Philadelphia: G. Wm. Baist] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87691445/.
MLA citation style:
Baist, G. Wm. Baist's map of the vicinity of Washington D.C. [Philadelphia: G. Wm. Baist, 1904] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87691445/>.