Map Topographical map of Washington, D.C. : 1899-1900
About this Item
- Topographical map of Washington, D.C. : 1899-1900
- Contributor Names
- Thorn, C. W.
- Baily, Thomas C. J.
- Globe Map & Atlas Co.
- Created / Published
- Baltimore : Globe Map & Atlas Co., 
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - 9105 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Shows major buildings, block numbers in central city, and land tracts with owners' names and acreages beyong old city limits.
- - Relief shown by contours.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Includes note and inset.
- - LC copy brittle and fold-lined.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- 1 map on 4 sheets : col., cloth backing ; 99 x 134 cm., sheets 53 x 71 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1900 .T4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thorn, C. W, Thomas C. J Baily, and Globe Map & Atlas Co. Topographical map of Washington, D.C.: -1900. [Baltimore: Globe Map & Atlas Co, 1900] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87694383/.
APA citation style:
Thorn, C. W., Baily, T. C. J. & Globe Map & Atlas Co. (1900) Topographical map of Washington, D.C.: -1900. [Baltimore: Globe Map & Atlas Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87694383/.
MLA citation style:
Thorn, C. W, Thomas C. J Baily, and Globe Map & Atlas Co. Topographical map of Washington, D.C.: -1900. [Baltimore: Globe Map & Atlas Co, 1900] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87694383/>.
More Maps like this
MapLanier Heights : recorded, Surveyor's Office, book G.S., page 174. Scale ca. 1:1,175. Photocopy; blueprint. Cadastral map. "Verified from the map of Highway Extension Plans, made under the Act of March 2, 1893, and recorded in the Office of the Surveyor, D....
- Contributor: Breckinridge Family - Hazen, M. C. - Baily, Thomas C. J.
- Date: 1893
MapView of the city of Washington in 1792 and in 1911. Cadastral map showing 1792 land tracts and owners' names. Selected buildings and trees shown pictorially. 1792 information overprinted in green on 1911 base street map of central Washington showing block numbers. Planimetric...
- Contributor: Owen, W. O.
MapSketch of Washington in embryo : viz., previous to its survey by Major L'Enfant Cadastral map showing landholdings in central Washington with owners' names. Includes text. LC copy 1 soiled, fold-lined, taped, and mounted on cloth backing. LC copy 2 laminated and mounted on cloth backing....
- Contributor: Toner, Joseph M. (Joseph Meredith) - Seibert, S. R. - Pratt, F. W. - Faehtz, E. F. M. (Ernest F. M.) - Trill
- Date: 1792
MapView of the city of Washington in 1792 : superimposed on a map of 1914. Cadastral map showing land tracts, owners' names, block numbers, and radial distances from the Patent Office. Selected buildings and trees shown pictorially. Planimetric map--not bird's-eye view. Text signed by W.O. Owen and...
- Contributor: Owen, W. O.
- Date: 1792
MapMap of the city of Washington in the District of Columbia showing the lines of the ... Also shows block numbers and major buildings. "Published and copyrighted by James M. Stewart Washington D.C. 1884." Includes index of land tracts with owners' names. LC copies halved and mounted on cloth...
- Contributor: Stewart, James M.