Map Map of the city of Washington showing the progress of buildings up to October 1st 1873
About this Item
- Map of the city of Washington showing the progress of buildings up to October 1st 1873
- Enthoffer, J. (Joseph), 1818-1901
Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.? : s.n., 1873]
- - Buildings--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - City planning--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- Topographic maps
- - 15632D U.S. Copyright Office
- - Also shows block numbers.
- - "Equidistances 10 ft."
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1873 by J. Enthoffer in the Office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington."
- - LC copy accompanied by information card dated 1973. 1 sheet ; 8 x 13 cm.
- - LC copy 1 extensively annotated in ink and watercolor to show buildings and plan for Washington Monument grounds. LC copies 2, 3, and 4 variously annotated in pencil and ink to show additional buildings.
- - LC copies variously faded, brittle, or torn. LC copies mounted on cloth backing. LC copy 1 edged with red cloth.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 4 copies
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : photocopy ; 55 x 63 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.N23 1873 .E5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Enthoffer, J. Map of the city of Washington showing the progress of buildings up to October 1st. [Washington, D.C.?: s.n, 1873] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87694487/.
APA citation style:
Enthoffer, J. (1873) Map of the city of Washington showing the progress of buildings up to October 1st. [Washington, D.C.?: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87694487/.
MLA citation style:
Enthoffer, J. Map of the city of Washington showing the progress of buildings up to October 1st. [Washington, D.C.?: s.n, 1873] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87694487/>.