Map [Manuscript sketch of the Potomac River and Eastern Branch bounding the city of Washington].
About this Item
- [Manuscript sketch of the Potomac River and Eastern Branch bounding the city of Washington].
- Contributor Names
- Ingle, John P.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Harbors--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Waterfronts--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Wharves--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Shows waterfront, wharves, and bridges.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Title from Phillips's Descriptive list of maps and views of Washington.
- - On verso in ink: Handed to the Surveyor by Mr. J.P. Ingle for safe keeping, Nov. 29, 1830.
- - Ink and wash.
- - Fold-lined and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Text in ink on verso.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Phillips. Washington 757
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms. ; 53 x 67 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.P55 1830 .I5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Shows waterfront, wharves, and bridges. Depths shown by soundings. Title from Phillips's Descriptive list of maps and views of Washington. On verso in ink: Handed to the Surveyor by Mr. J.P. Ingle for safe keeping, Nov. 29, 1830. Ink and wash. Fold-lined and mounted on cloth backing. Text in ink on verso. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Phillips. Washington 757 Vault DCP
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ingle, John P. Manuscript sketch of the Potomac River and Eastern Branch bounding the city of Washington.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87695741/.
APA citation style:
Ingle, J. P. (1830) Manuscript sketch of the Potomac River and Eastern Branch bounding the city of Washington. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87695741/.
MLA citation style:
Ingle, John P. Manuscript sketch of the Potomac River and Eastern Branch bounding the city of Washington.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87695741/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Map of the Potomac River estuary from the Three Sisters to Giesboro Point D.C.]. Shows proposed new riverbanks. Also covers adjacent areas of city of Washington. Relief shown by contours in some areas. Depths shown by bottom profile lines. Black and red ink, blue watercolor, and...
- Contributor: Rives, Alfred Landon
- Date: 1857
MapPlan of wharfing : [Anacostia River waterfront, Washington D.C.] Cadastral map showing lot lines and numbers, dimensions, and block numbers. Covers area bounded by Anacostia River, South Capitol St., and O and S Sts. S.E. Title appears twice in pencil in...
- Contributor: Latrobe, Benjamin Henry
- Date: 1817
MapMap of property purchased from the United States by Wm. T. Dove, Esq., south half of ... "6th November 1854." Partial cadastral map showing block and lot numbers, lot boundaries, and dimensions. Covers southeastern Georgetown and Foggy Bottom waterfront areas. At head of title: (Copy). India ink, col. ink,...
- Contributor: Forsyth, William - Dove, Wm. T. (William T.)
- Date: 1854
MapHead of navigation of the Potomac River Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings. India ink, col. ink, and lead pencil. Oriented with north toward the upper left. Fold-lined. Includes note. Sachse purchase 555925 Available also...
- Contributor: Graham, Campbell
- Date: 1849
MapPlat of survey of Wm. M. Rapley's property fronting square west of sq. 471 : showing ... Cadastral survey map covering waterfront area between 7th and 8th streets S.W. Black, brown, and red inks, watercolor, and lead pencil. Faced with gauze, torn, missing section at corner, halved, rubber-stamped, and...
- Contributor: Forsyth, William - Rapley, Wm. M. (William M.) - District of Columbia. Office of the Surveyor - Stephenson & Bro
- Date: 1887