Map Junction of Potomac and Anacostia rivers
About this Item
- Junction of Potomac and Anacostia rivers
- Fairfax, F.
Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.? : s.n., 1854?]
- - Harbors--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Waterfronts--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Nautical charts--Potomac River Estuary
- - Nautical charts--Anacostia River Estuary (Md. and Washington, D.C.)
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington--Potomac River Estuary
- - United States--Maryland--Potomac River Estuary
- - United States--Virginia--Potomac River Estuary
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington--Anacostia River Estuary
- - United States--Maryland--Anacostia River Estuary
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Depths shown by contours and soundings.
- - Title handwritten on original map.
- - On original map in handwriting: Reduced by F. Fairfax 1854.
- - Includes notes.
- - LC copy accompanied by negative photocopy and annotated in pencil: Coast Survey.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- 1 map on 2 sheets : photocopies ; 47 x 62 cm., sheets 59 x 47 cm. and 60 x 47 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.P55 1854 .F3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Anacostia River Estuary
- District of Columbia
- Potomac River Estuary
- United States
- Washington D.C.
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fairfax, F. Junction of Potomac and Anacostia rivers. [Washington, D.C.?: s.n., ?, 1854] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87695756/.
APA citation style:
Fairfax, F. (1854) Junction of Potomac and Anacostia rivers. [Washington, D.C.?: s.n., ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87695756/.
MLA citation style:
Fairfax, F. Junction of Potomac and Anacostia rivers. [Washington, D.C.?: s.n., ?, 1854] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87695756/>.