Map Head of navigation of the Potomac River
About this Item
- Head of navigation of the Potomac River
- Contributor Names
- Graham, Campbell, 1798 or 1799-1866.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Harbors--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Waterfronts--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Nautical charts--Potomac River Estuary
- - Potomac River Estuary--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings.
- - India ink, col. ink, and lead pencil.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Fold-lined.
- - Includes note.
- - Sachse purchase 555925
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : col., ms. ; 76 x 102 cm., on sheet 78 x 132 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.P55 1849 .H4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Graham, Campbell, 1798 Or. Head of navigation of the Potomac River.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87695759/.
APA citation style:
Graham, C. (1849) Head of navigation of the Potomac River. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87695759/.
MLA citation style:
Graham, Campbell, 1798 Or. Head of navigation of the Potomac River.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87695759/>.
More Maps like this
MapHead of navigation of the Potomac River Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings. Photocopy of ms. map. Oriented with north toward the upper left. Includes notes. LC copy originally printed on separate sheets, assembled to...
- Contributor: United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers - Graham, Campbell - Abert, S. T. (Silvanus Thayer)
- Date: 1849
Map[Map of the Potomac River estuary from the Three Sisters to Giesboro Point D.C.]. Shows proposed new riverbanks. Also covers adjacent areas of city of Washington. Relief shown by contours in some areas. Depths shown by bottom profile lines. Black and red ink, blue watercolor, and...
- Contributor: Rives, Alfred Landon
- Date: 1857
MapHydrographic map of the Potomac River from Aqueduct Bridge, Georgetown, to Long Bridge, Washington, D.C. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings. Originally printed on 2 sheets. Includes notes. LC copy mounted on cloth backing and extensively annotated in red ink to show estuarine contours. Available...
- Contributor: Weyss, J. E. - Craighill, Wm. P. (William Price) - Thompson, G. (Gilbert) - United States. Army. Corps of Engineers
- Date: 1871
MapJunction of Potomac and Anacostia rivers Depths shown by contours and soundings. Title handwritten on original map. On original map in handwriting: Reduced by F. Fairfax 1854. Includes notes. LC copy accompanied by negative photocopy and annotated in...
- Contributor: Fairfax, F.
- Date: 1854
MapChart of the head of navigation of the Potomac River : surveyed by order of the ... Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings. Oriented with north toward the upper left. Includes note. LC copy fold-lined, laminated, halved, and mounted on cloth backing. Available also through...
- Contributor: Callahan, Denis - United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers - Burgess, R. W. - Woodruff, I. C. - United States. Congress Senate
- Date: 1857