Map Head of navigation of the Potomac River
About this Item
- Head of navigation of the Potomac River
- Graham, Campbell, 1798 or 1799-1866.
Created / Published
- - Harbors--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Waterfronts--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Nautical charts--Potomac River Estuary
- - Potomac River Estuary--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings.
- - India ink, col. ink, and lead pencil.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Fold-lined.
- - Includes note.
- - Sachse purchase 555925
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : col., ms. ; 76 x 102 cm., on sheet 78 x 132 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.P55 1849 .H4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Graham, Campbell, 1798 Or. Head of navigation of the Potomac River.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87695759/.
APA citation style:
Graham, C. (1849) Head of navigation of the Potomac River. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87695759/.
MLA citation style:
Graham, Campbell, 1798 Or. Head of navigation of the Potomac River.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87695759/>.