Maps [Map of the fortifications within the District of Columbia].
About this Item
- [Map of the fortifications within the District of Columbia].
- Contributor Names
- United States. Army of the Potomac.
- McClellan, George B. (George Brinton), 1826-1885.
- Created / Published
- [Washington? : s.n., 1862]
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Topographic
- - Fortification--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Relief shown by contours. Depths shown by contours and soundings.
- - Shows buildings within city limits. Shows lot lines and householders' names in rural areas.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Annotated in brown ink: Furnished for the use of the Office of the General of Ordnance by command of M.G. McClellan, J.N. Macomb Lt. Col. & A.D. Camp Chf. T.E. Army of Potomac, 18th March 1862.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 683
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy annotated in red ink at bottom: Drawer 48 Portfolio 1 No. 4.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth backing.
- - DCP
- 1 map : photocopy ; 44 x 52 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.S5 1862 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsMcClellan, George (george Brinton)
United States. Army of the Potomac
District of Columbia
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army Of The Potomac, and George B McClellan. [Map of the fortifications within the District of Columbia]. [Washington?: s.n, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88690647/. (Accessed July 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
United States Army Of The Potomac & McClellan, G. B. (1862) [Map of the fortifications within the District of Columbia]. [Washington?: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88690647/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army Of The Potomac, and George B McClellan. [Map of the fortifications within the District of Columbia]. [Washington?: s.n, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/88690647/>.