Map Topographical map, 1st Brigade, defenses north of Potomac, Washington, D.C.
About this Item
- Topographical map, 1st Brigade, defenses north of Potomac, Washington, D.C.
- Contributor Names
- Hodasevich, R. A.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Topographic
- - Fortification--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - "1st September 1863."
- - Relief shown by contours.
- - Some buildings, lot lines, householders' names, forts, and vegetation.
- - Covers environs of Forts De Russy, Stevens, Slocum, Totten, Slemmer, Bunker Hill, Saratoga, Thayer, Lincoln, and Batteries Sill and Jameson.
- - India and red inks.
- - Lacking edge and internal sections, assembled to 1 sheet, sectioned to 4 sheets, and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Includes notes and 2 scale graphs.
- - "189. L. sheet 1."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 680
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map on 5 sheets : col., ms. ; 351 x 148 cm., sheets 64 x 140 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.S5 1863 .H61
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hodasevich, R. A. Topographical map, 1st Brigade, defenses north of Potomac, Washington, D.C.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88690656/.
APA citation style:
Hodasevich, R. A. (1863) Topographical map, 1st Brigade, defenses north of Potomac, Washington, D.C. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88690656/.
MLA citation style:
Hodasevich, R. A. Topographical map, 1st Brigade, defenses north of Potomac, Washington, D.C.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88690656/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of fortifications and defenses of Washington. In left lower margin: Taken from a map issued by the War Department in 1865. In left upper margin: Appendix A. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 682 Available also through the...
- Contributor: Hodasevich, R. A. - United States. War Department
- Date: 1865
MapSketch of hill to be used for gov't fortification on Queen's Farm : [Washington D.C.]. Relief shown by hachures. Pen-and-ink and lead pencil. Lead pencilled note, ill., and watercolored areas on verso. In upper left corner: 211, L. Sheet 11. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 691.8...
- Date: 1860
MapMap of the environs of Washington : compiled from Boschkes' map of the District of Columbia ... Shows buildings, rural property lines, householders' names, and vegetation. Relief shown by contours and hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings. India ink, col. ink, and col. wash. Northern section is printed...
- Contributor: Barnard, J. G. (John Gross) - Boschke, A. - United States Coast Survey - Barnard, J. G.
- Date: 1865
MapExtract of military map of N.E. Virginia showing forts and roads. Covers Washington D.C. metropolitan area. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings. Also shows rural householders' names and vegetation. In left upper margin: 39th Cong. 1st Sess.--Report of the Chief Engineer...
- Contributor: Bowen & Co. - United States. Congress - United States. War Department. Engineer Bureau
- Date: 1865
MapExtract of military map of N.E. Virginia showing forts and roads. Covers Washington D.C. metropolitan area. Eastern corner of D.C. ca. 7 cm. within map area. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings. Also shows rural householders' names and vegetation. Includes note...
- Contributor: United States. War Department. Engineer Bureau
- Date: 1865