Map Plat of Columbia Heights : Hon. John Sherman, trustee
About this Item
- Plat of Columbia Heights : Hon. John Sherman, trustee
- District of Columbia. Office of the Surveyor.
- Sherman, John, 1823-1900.
- Forsyth, William (Surveyor)
- A.L. Barber and Co.
Created / Published
- [Washington? : s.n., 1881?]
- - Columbia Heights (Washington, D.C.)--Maps
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington--Columbia Heights
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Cadastral map.
- - "Nov'r 1st 1881--Recorded in liber, A.R. Shepherd, folio 137."
- - At head of text: Washington, D.C., Nov. 1, 1881.
- - "Lots for sale by A.L. Barber and Co. ... Washington D.C."
- - Includes text at upper left.
- - LC copy 1 torn, missing large sections at bottom, and mounted on cloth backing. LC copy 2 torn, missing large section at lower right, fold-lined, annotated in purple ink, and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- - DCP
- 1 map ; 84 x 55 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3852.C6G46 1881 .D5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
District Of Columbia. Office Of The Surveyor, John Sherman, William Forsyth, and A.L. Barber And Co. Plat of Columbia Heights: Hon. John Sherman, trustee. [Washington?: s.n., ?, 1881] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88690789/.
APA citation style:
District Of Columbia. Office Of The Surveyor, Sherman, J., Forsyth, W. & A.L. Barber And Co. (1881) Plat of Columbia Heights: Hon. John Sherman, trustee. [Washington?: s.n., ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88690789/.
MLA citation style:
District Of Columbia. Office Of The Surveyor, et al. Plat of Columbia Heights: Hon. John Sherman, trustee. [Washington?: s.n., ?, 1881] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88690789/>.