Maps [Topographic map of the vicinity of Fort Slocum, Washington D.C.].
About this Item
- [Topographic map of the vicinity of Fort Slocum, Washington D.C.].
- Contributor Names
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fort Slocum Region (Washington, D.C.)--Maps, Topographic
- - Fort Slocum Region (Washington, D.C.)--Maps
- - Military topography--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Washington (D.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Fort Slocum Region (Washington)
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Relief shown by hachures and form lines.
- - Shows householders' names.
- - In upper left sheet corner: Transf'd from Office of Chf. Engr. Defenses of Washington, to Engr. Dept.--1866.
- - India ink and violet wash.
- - Fold-lined and torn.
- - In left upper margin: 211, L. Sheet 18.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 691.4
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms., col. ; 30 x 28 cm., on sheet 48 x 36 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3852.F624A1 186- .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsUnited States. Army. Corps of Engineers
LocationFort Slocum Region
District of Columbia
Fort Slocum Region (washington)
Fort Slocum Region (washington, D.C.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. [Topographic map of the vicinity of Fort Slocum, Washington D.C]. [186, 1860] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88690821/. (Accessed September 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. (1860) [Topographic map of the vicinity of Fort Slocum, Washington D.C].  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88690821/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. [Topographic map of the vicinity of Fort Slocum, Washington D.C]. [186, 1860] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/88690821/>.