Map [Site of the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., in relation to pre-1790 landholdings].
About this Item
- [Site of the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., in relation to pre-1790 landholdings].
Created / Published
- - Library of Congress--Maps, Manuscript
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Shows boundaries and names of original landholdings.
- - Indicates "Approximate position of L. of C.--located by a later survey."
- - "Traced from a map in 'Potomac Flats Case,' vol. VI."
- - Lead pencil.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms., tracing paper ; 49 x 48 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3852.L5G46 1790 .S5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Site of the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., in relation to pre- landholdings. [19, 1790] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88690896/.
APA citation style:
(1790) Site of the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., in relation to pre- landholdings.  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88690896/.
MLA citation style:
Site of the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., in relation to pre- landholdings. [19, 1790] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88690896/>.