Maps [Maps of Saint Elizabeths Hospital, Washington D.C.]
About this Item
- [Maps of Saint Elizabeths Hospital, Washington D.C.]
- Contributor Names
- Nichols, Charles H. (Charles Henry), 1820-1889.
- Coyle, John M.
- Walter, Thomas Ustick, 1804-1887.
- United States. Congress. Senate.
- Created / Published
- [Washington : U.S. Senate, 1860?]
- Government Hospital for the Insane : [floor and ground plan] -- Topographical plan of the grounds of the Government Hospital for the Insane : 1860.
- Subject Headings
- - Saint Elizabeths Hospital (Washington, D.C.)--Maps
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Hospitals--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Relief shown by contours on topographic map.
- - Title devised by cataloger.
- - Names at map center: James Buchanan, J. Thompson.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Orientations differ.
- - Includes indexes of hospital facilities.
- - LC sheets fold-lined, trimmed at lower left corner, and mounted on cloth backing.
- - 2 copies of topographic map.
- - DCP
- 2 maps ; 33 x 36 cm. and 32 x 37 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3852.S2 s3 .N5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsCoyle, John M.
Nichols, Charles H.
Nichols, Charles H. (Charles Henry)
United States. Congress. Senate
Walter, Thomas Ustick
LocationDistrict of Columbia
SubjectsDistrict of Columbia
Saint Elizabeths Hospital (Washington, D.C.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Nichols, Charles H, John M Coyle, Thomas Ustick Walter, and United States Congress. Senate. [Maps of Saint Elizabeths Hospital, Washington D.C]. [Washington: U.S. Senate, ?, 1860] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88693084/. (Accessed February 24, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Nichols, C. H., Coyle, J. M., Walter, T. U. & United States Congress. Senate. (1860) [Maps of Saint Elizabeths Hospital, Washington D.C]. [Washington: U.S. Senate, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88693084/.
MLA citation style:
Nichols, Charles H, et al. [Maps of Saint Elizabeths Hospital, Washington D.C]. [Washington: U.S. Senate, ?, 1860] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/88693084/>.