Map Map of George Town, 1751.
About this Item
- Map of George Town, 1751.
- Contributor Names
- Harmon, A. C. (Artemas Canfield), 1873-
- Priggs, John F. A.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.? : s.n., 1931]
- Subject Headings
- - Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington--Georgetown
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Cadastral map showing lot numbers.
- - "Taken from George Town journal of the Commissioners, 1751 to 1789."
- - Blueprint.
- - Includes note.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth backing and annotated in black ink: A.C. Harmon 1931.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- 1 map : photocopy ; 31 x 48 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3852.G43 1758 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Cadastral map showing lot numbers. "Taken from George Town journal of the Commissioners, 1751 to 1789." Blueprint. Includes note. LC copy mounted on cloth backing and annotated in black ink: A.C. Harmon 1931. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. DCP
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Harmon, A. C, and John F. A Priggs. Map of George Town. [Washington, D.C.?: s.n, 1758] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88693275/.
APA citation style:
Harmon, A. C. & Priggs, J. F. A. (1758) Map of George Town. [Washington, D.C.?: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88693275/.
MLA citation style:
Harmon, A. C, and John F. A Priggs. Map of George Town. [Washington, D.C.?: s.n, 1758] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88693275/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Property survey of that part of Prince Georges County, Maryland, later to become central Washington D.C.]. Cadastral survey of tracts identified as Duddington Manor, New Troy, Gordons Meadows, Gleanings, Elinor, Bealls Leveles, Duddington Pasture, etc. Photocopy of ms. survey map. Oriented with north to the right. Originally printed...
- Contributor: Priggs, John F. A.
- Date: 1760
MapHistorical map of the city of Washington, District of Columbia : view of the city & ... Shows block numbers, buildings, woods, and marshes. Existing and proposed streets are undifferentiated. Also covers Georgetown. Differs from other ed.: The statement "Artemas C. Harmon, 1931" printed to lower right of title...
- Contributor: Harmon, A. C. (Artemas Canfield) - Harmon, A. C.
- Date: 1931
Map[Cadastral survey map of land tracts in central Washington D.C. ca. 1793]. Facsim. of ms. cadastral survey of tracts named Duddington Pasture, Duddington Manor, and New Troy. "The whole now called Cerne-Abbey Manor contains 1531 [acres]. The resurvey is distinguished by black lines." Original...
- Contributor: Priggs, John F. A.
- Date: 1793
Map1791 map of District of Columbia, before the city was laid out : showing the main ... Relief shown by hachures. Blueprint. LC Trails 96 Includes text. LC copy signed in ink at bottom: By Artemas C. Harmon. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a...
- Contributor: Harmon, A. C. (Artemas Canfield)
- Date: 1791
Map[Cadastral survey map of Charles Carroll Jr.'s land in central Washington D.C. in 1793]. Cadastral survey of land tracts named Duddington Pasture, Duddington Manor, New Troy, and Houps Addition, with owners' names. "The out lines of the Resurvey as made for Charles Carroll Jun'r the 16th...
- Contributor: Carroll, Charles - Priggs, John F. A.
- Date: 1793