Map [Partial cadastral map of southern part of Georgetown, Washington D.C.].
About this Item
- [Partial cadastral map of southern part of Georgetown, Washington D.C.].
- King, N. (Nicholas), 1771-1812.
Created / Published
- - Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Buildings--Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Streets--Washington (D.C.)--Charts, diagrams, etc.--Early works to 1800
- - United States--District of Columbia--(Washington)
- Early maps
- Manuscript maps
- - Shows buildings in different colors, some landowners' names, and unidentified profiles along streets.
- - Probably drawn by Nicholas King.
- - Black ink, red ink, and watercolors.
- - Watermark: Budgen 1799 (with device under crown).
- - Soiled, torn, assembled from small sheets of paper, thirded, edged with cloth, and annotated in lead pencil on cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : ms., col., cloth backing ; 85 x 160 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3852.G43 1799 .K5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
King, N. Partial cadastral map of southern part of Georgetown, Washington D.C. [?, 1799] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88693279/.
APA citation style:
King, N. (1799) Partial cadastral map of southern part of Georgetown, Washington D.C. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88693279/.
MLA citation style:
King, N. Partial cadastral map of southern part of Georgetown, Washington D.C. [?, 1799] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88693279/>.