Map A map of George Town with the additions : 1814
About this Item
- A map of George Town with the additions : 1814
- Fenwick, Francis.
- Taggart, Hugh T. (Hugh Thomas), 1844-1914.
- District of Columbia. Office of the Surveyor.
Created / Published
- - Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington--Georgetown
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Cadastral map showing block numbers.
- - "A present from Francis Fenwick to the Honorable the Corporation of George-town."
- - In upper left corner: Hugh T. Taggart's.
- - India ink.
- - Brittle, missing small sections, halved, and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Includes 3 insets and index to points of interest.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Phillips. Washington 512
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms., tracing linen ; 72 x 104 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3852.G43G46 1814 .F4
- Taggart, Hugh T. (Hugh Thomas), Taggart Estate map collection
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fenwick, Francis, Hugh T Taggart, and District Of Columbia. Office Of The Surveyor. A map of George Town with the additions. [?, 1814] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88693289/.
APA citation style:
Fenwick, F., Taggart, H. T. & District Of Columbia. Office Of The Surveyor. (1814) A map of George Town with the additions. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88693289/.
MLA citation style:
Fenwick, Francis, Hugh T Taggart, and District Of Columbia. Office Of The Surveyor. A map of George Town with the additions. [?, 1814] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88693289/>.