Map [Cadastral map of Beatty and Hawkins's addition to Georgetown, Washington D.C.].
About this Item
- [Cadastral map of Beatty and Hawkins's addition to Georgetown, Washington D.C.].
- Contributor Names
- Smith, William, active 1755.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington--Georgetown
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Title devised by cataloger.
- - Drawn by William Smith, 1755.
- - Photocopies of ms. map.
- - Includes inset and computations.
- - LC copies accompanied by negative photocopy and annotated in pencil on verso: Hawkin's [sic] and Beatty's addition to Georgetown, Wm. Smith, from original ms. in Court Archives in Rockville, Md. .
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- - DCP
- 1 map : photocopy ; 49 x 24 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3852.G43G46 1755 .S6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Smith, William, Active 1755. Cadastral map of Beatty and Hawkins's addition to Georgetown, Washington D.C.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88693296/.
APA citation style:
Smith, W. (1755) Cadastral map of Beatty and Hawkins's addition to Georgetown, Washington D.C. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88693296/.
MLA citation style:
Smith, William, Active 1755. Cadastral map of Beatty and Hawkins's addition to Georgetown, Washington D.C.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88693296/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of George Town, 1751. Cadastral map showing lot numbers. "Taken from George Town journal of the Commissioners, 1751 to 1789." Blueprint. Includes note. LC copy mounted on cloth backing and annotated in black ink: A.C. Harmon...
- Contributor: Harmon, A. C. (Artemas Canfield) - Priggs, John F. A.
- Date: 1758
MapMap of Georgetown : act of May 15, 1751. Cadastral map showing lot numbers. Covers area bounded by 33rd, Prospect, Thomas Jefferson streets N.W., and the Potomac waterfront. Below title: Survey & plat completed February 27, 1752; 69 lots sold on...
- Date: 1792
MapMap of Georgetown in the District of Columbia : prepared from surveys and other data under ... Cadastral map. Includes 2 insets and D.C. officials' names. LC copy darkened, brittle, cracked, missing small sections, quartered, mounted on cloth backing, and signed in ink: Hugh T. Taggart. Available also through...
- Contributor: Forsyth, William - District of Columbia. Office of the Surveyor - Taggart, Hugh T. (Hugh Thomas) - District of Columbia. Legislative Assembly
- Date: 1871
MapMap of Georgetown D.C. Cadastral map. Includes inset. LC copy 1 spotted and mounted on cloth backing. Copy 2 missing edge sections. LC copies accompanied by negative photocopy of copy 1 at smaller scale. Available also...
- Contributor: Faehtz & Pratt
- Date: 1874
MapA map of Georgetown in the District of Columbia Cadastral map showing lot numbers. Includes 2 insets and index to points of interest. LC copy darkened, wrinkled, missing small edge sections, and mounted on cloth backing. Available also through the Library...
- Contributor: Harrison, William - Bussard, William
- Date: 1830