Maps The vicinity of Washington, D.C.
About this Item
- The vicinity of Washington, D.C.
- Contributor Names
- Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Griffith M. Hopkins, C.E., 
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Topographic
- - Washington Metropolitan Area--Maps, Topographic
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Real property--Washington Metropolitan Area--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington Metropolitan Area
- - Partial cadastral map showing buildings and householders' names beyond city limits.
- - Relief shown by contours.
- - Also shows radial distances from White House.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1894, by G.M. Hopkins ..."
- - Stephenson. Cartography of northern Virginia, pl. 95-98
- - Includes note.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copies darkened, assembled, resectioned to 6 sheets, hand col. to emphasize boundaries, and mounted on cloth backing. Copy 1 also rubber-stamped and annotated in red ink at lower right: No. 7 Dist. of Columbia. Some sheets of copy 2 not hand col.
- - 2 copies
- - DCP
- 1 map on 6 sheets : col. ; 135 x 150 cm., sheets 56 x 79 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1894 .H6
- G3850 1894 .H6 Copy 2 Coloration differs.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr. The vicinity of Washington, D.C. [Philadelphia: Griffith M. Hopkins, C.E, 1894] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88693364/. (Accessed September 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Hopkins, G. M. (1894) The vicinity of Washington, D.C. [Philadelphia: Griffith M. Hopkins, C.E] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88693364/.
MLA citation style:
Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr. The vicinity of Washington, D.C. [Philadelphia: Griffith M. Hopkins, C.E, 1894] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/88693364/>.