Map Boyd's map of the city of Washington and suburbs, District of Columbia.
About this Item
- Boyd's map of the city of Washington and suburbs, District of Columbia.
- Contributor Names
- Boyd, Wm. H. (William H.)
- Created / Published
- Washington : Wm. H. Boyd, 1882
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - 22348N U.S. Copyright Office
- - Shows block numbers, public lands, major buildings, and streetcar lines.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1882, by Wm. H. Boyd ... at Washington D.C."
- - Includes note.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- 1 map ; 38 x 45 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1882 .B6
- G3850 1882 .B6 Copy 2. Fold-lined.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Boyd, Wm. H. Boyd's map of the city of Washington and suburbs, District of Columbia. Washington: Wm. H. Boyd, 1882. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88693457/.
APA citation style:
Boyd, W. H. (1882) Boyd's map of the city of Washington and suburbs, District of Columbia. Washington: Wm. H. Boyd. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88693457/.
MLA citation style:
Boyd, Wm. H. Boyd's map of the city of Washington and suburbs, District of Columbia. Washington: Wm. H. Boyd, 1882. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88693457/>.
More Maps like this
MapBoyd's map of the city of Washington and suburbs, District of Columbia. Partial cadastral map showing landowners' names in rural areas. Also shows block numbers, major buildings, public lands, and streetcar lines. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1884, by Wm,...
- Contributor: Boyd, Wm. H. - Boyd, Wm. H. (William H.)
- Date: 1884
MapMap of the city of Washington showing present main sewerage and sewage outfalls : also the ... Relief shown by contours. Depths shown by soundings. Partial cadastral map showing built-up areas. At upper right: Plate 1. Report of Board of Sanitary Engineers, Rudolph Hering, Samuel M. Gray, F.P. Stearns....
- Contributor: District of Columbia. Board of Sanitary Engineers
- Date: 1894
MapRand McNally standard map of Washington D.C. F40260 U.S. Copyright Office Alternate title below bar scale: The Rand McNally new commercial atlas map of Washington, D.C. Indexes and blank area on verso. "9R23." LC copy annotated in pencil and...
- Contributor: Rand McNally and Company
- Date: 1923
MapA map of the city of Washington in the District of Columbia : established as the ... Shows block numbers. Relief shown by hachures. "Entered according to Act of Congress by R't King, District of Columbia." Includes ill. of White House and Capitol. LC copy soiled, torn, halved, mounted...
- Contributor: King, Rt. (Robert) - Cooper, W. - Schwarz, C.
- Date: 1818
MapCity of Washington. Shows block numbers and radial distances from Patent Office. Issued in conjunction with "Inaugural Ceremonies, March 4th, 1893." Includes ill. of president and vice-president, directory of "Width of streets and avenues," and...
- Contributor: Norris Peters Co.
- Date: 1893