Map [Map of the city of Washington and suburbs, District of Columbia].
About this Item
- [Map of the city of Washington and suburbs, District of Columbia].
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Partial cadastral map showing some lots in suburban areas.
- - Also shows block numbers and major buildings.
- - Title devised by cataloger.
- - India ink.
- - All block numbers and some place-names are printed on small labels and pasted on in appropriate position.
- - Halved and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms. ; 84 x 103 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1886 .M32
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Partial cadastral map showing some lots in suburban areas. Also shows block numbers and major buildings. Title devised by cataloger. India ink. All block numbers and some place-names are printed on small labels and pasted on in appropriate position. Halved and mounted on cloth backing. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault DCP
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Map of the city of Washington and suburbs, District of Columbia. [?, 1886] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88693461/.
APA citation style:
(1886) Map of the city of Washington and suburbs, District of Columbia. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88693461/.
MLA citation style:
Map of the city of Washington and suburbs, District of Columbia. [?, 1886] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88693461/>.
More Maps like this
MapPlan of the squares of the eastern extreme of the city of W. : [Washington D.C.]. Covers area bounded by N.E./S.E. 23rd, N.E. C, N.E. 31st, Water, and S.E. B streets. Shows block numbers, dimensions, and street widths. Brown ink, black ink, and lead pencil. Soiled and mounted...
- Date: 1800
Map[Map of the southern part of the city of Washington D.C.]. Covers area bounded by Anacostia River, Potomac River, S.W. 8th, S.W./S.E. B, and S.E. 3rd streets. Title devised by cataloger. Black, red, and blue inks, and red and blue washes. Soiled, edged...
- Contributor: Gauss, Henry C. - Association of the Oldest Inhabitants of the District of Columbia
- Date: 1800
MapMap of the District of Columbia. Shows all streets in county area. Shows main streets and numbered wards within city limits. India ink and purple wash on tracing linen. Probably drawn by Dr. Joseph M. Toner. From the...
- Contributor: Toner, Joseph M. (Joseph Meredith)
- Date: 1880
MapMap of the city of Washington : for use of the Engineer Department, District of Columbia. Pen-and-ink and pencil. Printed directories of street name changes affixed to recto. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault DCP
- Contributor: District of Columbia. Engineer Department
- Date: 1904
Map[Map of the city of Washington : showing the sub-divisions, grades, and the general configuration of ... Cadastral map showing lot lines, lot numbers, and block numbers. Relief shown by contours and spot heights. Pen-and-ink and pencil. Title from 1872 printed ed. Sheets numbered: III, IV, etc. LC sheets...
- Contributor: Enthoffer, J. (Joseph) - Bastert, A.
- Date: 1872