Map The trans-orbal map : a Global Press map for one world
About this Item
- The trans-orbal map : a Global Press map for one world
- Global Press Corporation.
- Ristow, Walter W. (Walter William), 1908-2006.
Created / Published
- New York : Global Press Corp., c1944.
- - World maps
- - Globes
- - Earth (Planet)
- - F18574 U.S. Copyright Office
- - This map which was produced from a photograph of a transparent globe permits a view through the orb or globe; and, enables one to observe the relationship of all the continents to one another and to the world as a whole.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Includes text and 3 ancillary maps of the transparent globe showing reverse areas of the main map and air lines around the world.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - Two copies
- 1 map : col. ; 57 cm. in diam., on sheet 102 x 68 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3200 1944 .G5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Global Press Corporation, and Walter W Ristow. The trans-orbal map: a Global Press map for one world. New York: Global Press Corp, 1944. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88693537/.
APA citation style:
Global Press Corporation & Ristow, W. W. (1944) The trans-orbal map: a Global Press map for one world. New York: Global Press Corp. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88693537/.
MLA citation style:
Global Press Corporation, and Walter W Ristow. The trans-orbal map: a Global Press map for one world. New York: Global Press Corp, 1944. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88693537/>.