Map City of Washington.
About this Item
- City of Washington.
- Contributor Names
- Tanner, Henry Schenck, 1786-1858.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : H.S. Tanner, 
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington--Georgetown
- - Shows wards, built-up areas, and major buildings.
- - Also covers Georgetown.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress ... 1836 by H.S. Tanner ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - In upper margin: Tanner's universal atlas.
- - Includes note, Capitol floorplan, and indexed table of "References."
- - "66."
- - LC Ward maps, 223
- - LC copy 2 fold-lined, mounted on cloth backing, edged with imitation leather, annotated in ink on verso, and accompanied by negative photocopy; copy 2 not col.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : hand col. ; 30 x 37 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1836 .T3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Tanner, Henry Schenck. City of Washington. [Philadelphia: H.S. Tanner, 1836] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88694080/.
APA citation style:
Tanner, H. S. (1836) City of Washington. [Philadelphia: H.S. Tanner] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88694080/.
MLA citation style:
Tanner, Henry Schenck. City of Washington. [Philadelphia: H.S. Tanner, 1836] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88694080/>.
More Maps like this
MapCity of Washington. Shows wards, built-up areas, and major buildings. Also covers Georgetown. "Entered according to Act of Congress ... 1836 by H.S. Tanner ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania." Includes note, Capitol floorplan, and index...
- Contributor: Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus) - Tanner, Henry Schenck
- Date: 1846
MapPlan von Washington. Shows wards, built-up areas, and major buildings. Also covers Georgetown. Title, scale heading, and note in German. Place-names in English. In left upper margin: Meyer's Handatlas. In lower margin: Aus der Geographischen...
- Date: 1845
MapJohnson's Georgetown and the city of Washington, the capital of the United States of America. Scale ca. 1:25,500. Hand colored. Relief shown by hachures. From unidentified atlas. Border design may differ from another copy. "37." Part of gazetteer on verso. LC copy 1 brittle, town, and taped....
- Contributor: Johnson and Ward
- Date: 1862
MapCity of Washington. Shows wards, built-up areas, and major buildings. Also covers Georgetown. Plate 16 from atlas by S.A. Mitchell: New universal atlas ... of the world. Philadelphia : Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co., 1854. G1019.M64...
- Contributor: Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co. - Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus)
- Date: 1854
MapGeorgetown and the city of Washington : the capital of the United States of America. Shows block numbers, major buildings, wards, horse-car lines, and extent of built-up area. Relief shown by hachures. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855 by J.H. Colton & Co....
- Contributor: J.H. Colton & Co. - G.W. & C. Colton & Co.
- Date: 1871