Map The Dermott or tin case map of Washington 1797-8.
About this Item
- The Dermott or tin case map of Washington 1797-8.
- Dermott, James R. (James Reed)
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
- United States. Congress. Senate.
Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C. : U.S. Senate, 1909]
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Shows block numbers and proposed government buildings.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - "United States Coast and Geodetic Survey Office, Washington, May 4, 1888."
- - Facsimile.
- - Original version: [1798?].
- - Includes text headed "Washington City, March 30th 1854" and texts of official documents.
- - LC copies annotated in red ink to correct document no. to 653. Copy 1 also laminated, sectioned, and mounted on cloth backing. Copy 2 also torn and fold-lined.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- - DCP
- 1 map on 2 sheets ; 125 x 134 cm., sheets 83 x 143 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1798 .D41 1909
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Dermott, James R.
- Dermott, James R. (James Reed)
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey
- United States. Congress. Senate
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Dermott, James R, U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey, and United States Congress. Senate. The Dermott or tin case map of Washington -8. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. Senate, 1909] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/88694115/.
APA citation style:
Dermott, J. R., U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey & United States Congress. Senate. (1909) The Dermott or tin case map of Washington -8. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. Senate] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88694115/.
MLA citation style:
Dermott, James R, U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey, and United States Congress. Senate. The Dermott or tin case map of Washington -8. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. Senate, 1909] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88694115/>.